Tuesday, June 28, 2022

How to get the SQL Express Offline Installer

When working in a test environment you don't exactly want something to have internet access; so you need to be able to download files in an offline setting.  I had this need when I was working on a SQL numbering issue where SQL server added 1000 to the item count.  Not particularly helpful and annoying to fix.  The SQL version I was working with was 12 (or 2014) for those at home keeping track by year.  At any rate I needed to fix this 1000 item count but part of the issue was that the count is a primary key.

To get the offline install of SQL Server in this case we are going to use Express 2019, we need to go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/sql-server/sql-server-downloads

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/sql-server/sql-server-downloads

When you download the Express download you will get a Application download called SQL2019-SSEI-Expr.  



Run the application.  When the application runs you get three options.  Basic, Custom and Download media which we are going to do.


When you select download media you get a few more options.  For the purposes of what I want I am selecting Express Advanced.


After pressing download; it will download to the directory where you have specified it to download.  In my case C:\Users\Trevor Tye\Downloads


Here I have it in my download directory.






How to migrate PFSense Over to KEA DHCP Server from ISC DHCP Server

I am a PFSENSE User and I manage PFSENSE for some other organizations and the time has come to make the switch for the DHCP Server over to K...